Sunday, September 15, 2013

Encyclopedia of the Ordinary Life Entries #3

Tea

Tea is a big part of my life. I have to have at least one cup every single morning, otherwise I don't feel right. My favorite type of tea to drink is Tazo Awake Tea, but in the mornings, any black tea will work. I used to drink green tea, but one morning after drinking it I found oatmeal in the bottom of the cup and haven't had it ever since. When I drink tea at night I have zingers like raspberry or lemon. I also like peppermint tea, but I don't like the taste or smell of camomile tea. My brother, however, does like camomile and drinks that in the mornings. I think that I get this tea obsession from my mom, because it is not unusual for her to drink five cups in one day.

Calendars

I think calendars are really helpful because they remind me when something is coming up and what day it is. Sometimes I forget to mark the days that have passed and end up marking a week in one day. I get World Wildlife Fund calendars and the animals on the pages are really cute. September's picture is of a mother and baby orangutan hanging off of a tree. Last year for November it was a picture of a panda which is lucky because Hazel's birthday is November first and her favorite animal is a panda. I always get excited when it's December because I can start counting down to Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job telling the reader what kind of tea. It tells me more about it.
    I like how you branched off on the "Calendars" one and talked about the pictures rather than just talking about the date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a toasted rice green tea fan myself. Just something about making a pot from loose tea that is very comforting.

    ReplyDelete