Wednesday, January 23, 2013

My Learning Styles

My mantra: That sounds good to me!
I sing to myself while walking down the street. Musical intelligence is associated with enjoying music, singing (vocalists), making music (composers), and playing an instrument (instrumentalists). I am sensitive to sounds and the emotions music conveys. I have a unique ability to know when something is off key.

After taking the survey, What's Your Learning Style?, I got musical as my highest result at 94%. I agree with this because I enjoy singing songs, playing instruments, and composing. I play music because it is a passion and an outlet for me. Singing is what I hope to have as my career someday and I practice by singing in the school choir and singing songs personally. I play the clarinet, ukulele, guitar, and piano mainly as my instruments and I am currently taking piano lessons. I'm also in the school rock band playing guitar and I play clarinet in the school band. Music is a big part of me so I think that the survey was right about this part!

My mantra: Why? Well, because it's logical.
Logical-mathematical intelligence is often what we refer to when we call someone -- such as a mathematician or an engineer -- smart. I possess the ability to understand complex problems, both logical and mathematical. This intelligence asks questions, finds solutions, and reflects on the problem-solving process.

My results for this learning style were very low at 38% and I had hoped to get higher considering math is my favorite subject. I try to figure out problems in logical ways and most often figure them out! It's strange that I got such a low grade and I wonder if it's true? In my opinion it's not, but I can't know for sure. I like math too, because it's very related to music!

My mantra: Let's investigate the natural world.
Naturalistic learners often understand the patterns of living things, and they apply scientific reasoning to the world. I recognize (and can classify) different types of plants or animals. I also empathize with animals. Some well-known careers for those with naturalistic intelligence are farmer, naturalist, animal behaviorist, and scientist.

For this learning style, I got 75%. I thought I might get at least a little higher for this because I really do love nature! A time that I can really connect with it is when I go to camp in the summer and get away from electronics. Though I can't classify or identify many types of plants, I appreciate nature and try to care for the environment as much as possible. When it said that I also empathize with animals, I thought this was very true. Certain things like sad videos or pictures of animals make me extremely sad and I don't like to see them. I am thankful to have pets because I can turn to them when I need someone and they will always be there. Animals that I don't see in person I take an interest in like the mandrill monkey or koalas. My favorite animals are porcupines, meerkats, mandrills, and koalas.  Though I don't think I'll become a farmer, naturalist, animal behaviorist, or scientist, there's always the possibility!

No comments:

Post a Comment